It seems like just yesterday that I was trying King Candy at the Joliet brewery on their opening day. This weekend, Elder Brewing Company celebrates their 2nd Year Anniversary.
On Friday, November 8:
- Try “The Regressor.” It’s Elder’s first barrel-aged beer, made with Dan’s Candies (a Joliet favorite) caramel and toffee. It hits the taps at 3pm (when Elder opens). Very limited quantities, so I’d get in line now. You really don’t need to be at work, do you?
- Doctor Dog’s food truck will be on site as well! (5pm – 8:30pm)
- John Condron takes the stage at 7pm.
On Saturday, November 9:
- Toasty Cheese will be on site at 1pm and “go until the music stops.”
- Helljazz, Elder’s newest IPA will be on-tap. This one is brewed with respect to The Vaudevileins for their November 16th show.
- Live music starts at 5pm, featuring Arbor Creek, Riverhorse, The Secret Lives and Josh Naylon (and friends)
- Pre-sale tickets are $7. Tickets at the door are $10.
Find out more about the event, and stay current with any breaking announcements, by following Elder’s FB Event page at https://www.facebook.com/events/2331140087102635/.