I love food. I love beer. I’m part German. I can’t wait for this event.
Here are the details about their upcoming event. The event takes place on Saturday, September 14, 2019 at the Lemont Metra Lot (101 Main Street, Lemont, IL). The event goes from 12:00pm to 11:00pm. It is an all ages event, but remember that there will be adults drinking adult beverages. Dogs are not allowed at the event. Tickets are $10 per person, which includes a souvenir stein while supplies last. You will get $5 pours of craft beer, including (if you so choose) a Great American Beer Festival-award winning Oktoberfest-style beer – Fruhauf!
FOOD – There will be some great food options for purchase as well!
Weber Grill Restaurant Lombard will be serving up:
- Large and Small Pretzels
- Pollyanna Fruhauf Oktoberfest Bier-Cheese Sauce
- Smoked Bier-Bratwurst Sandwich with Bacon Kraut
- Grilled Cheeseburger
- Grilled Four Chord Wonder Beer Can Chicken Sandwich
- Schweinebraten – A Smoked Pork Shoulder entree with Bier Gravy (Made with Humpenscript) and served with Bacon Kraut
- Bavarian Potato Salad
- Imported Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce.
Not feeling like German food? Bien Trucha will be on site as well serving:
- Guacamole w/ Die Birne, fresh avacados, lime, tomatillos and onions
- Esquite w/ grilled corn, epazote butter, lemont-aioli, queso cotija, and Chile piquin
- Barbacoa w/ Eleanor Porter slow cooked beer brisket, sauergraut relish and Hinkelhatz pepper sauce
Gelsosomo’s Pizza will be on site too, serving up some of their tasty pizza.
DRINK – A limited selection of soft drinks and water will be available, but lets talk about the beer. We’ve already mentioned Fruhauf, but there will be some other crafty options in “The Hop Tent.” As of writing, Pollyanna has only announced “Berry Superstitious.” That’s their collab with Orange & Brew, which is a Boysenberry Hazy Double IPA. They had 3 more entries on their FB Event Page with a lot of question marks … so there will be more announced soon. Or, maybe they won’t announce it and surprise us all at the event. Who knows?
MUSIC – It’s not a true Oktoberfest event unless the Bruce Korosa Orchestra Polka Band is there! They’ll be taking the stage from 3:30pm – 6:00pm. After that, don’t miss Woogie Rocks! and Jimmy Nick.
TICKETS – Tickets will be available at the door or can be purchased online at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-pollyanna-oktoberfest-tickets-70190592953.
FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE – Let the world know that you’re going to this event! Visit https://www.facebook.com/events/2328846327434194/ and click on that “going” button. You can also keep track of any news about the event via that link.