Skeleton Key Brewery is holding their Summer Skelebration this Saturday (August 3, 2019). The party is being held on their lawn at the west end of their building (furthest away from Lemont Road).
The SKB Crew is describing it as “the best big ol’ picnic you’ve ever been to.” Actually, it’s probably better that you watch the video below …
You can bring your own blanket or compact camp chair. No coolers, pets, strollers, oversized/obstructive seating or outside food and drink. Their is parking on-site, but cabbing/ride-sharing is strongly encouraged. Please drink responsibly.
There will be tickets at the entrance to the event! Tickets are $10 (21 and up). If you’re early, you’ll get an exclusive speckled stainless-steel pint glass. Glasses available while supplies last. #DrinkForGood. Child/minor tickets are $5 (under 21), which includes unlimited freeze pops and 1 ticket for axe-throwing (inflatable axes, don’t worry). A portion of the proceeds are being donated to Hope For The Day. Please note, minors must be admitted before 7:30pm and must be accompanied by a 21+ adult at all times. Children under 3 are free, but note that strollers are not allowed on the lawn (stroller parking will be available near the entrance).
Beer, cider, soda, and slushie tokens will be available for purchase at the event. Featuring:
- A summer line-up of SKB beers (including the return of “Friends Don’t Lie” dry-hopped APA and a fresh batch of “Migratory” Toasted Coconut Golden Ale, as well as Helles Lager, Schwarzbier (Black Lager), Spruce Tip Pale Ale, and a surprise or two.
- Slushie versions of our sours: “Tiniest Breath” Plum Berliner Weisse and “Jubilant” Watermelon-Lime Gose
- A beer tent dedicated entirely to the crafts of our past Spare Keys Incubator Program Participants: Garage Band Brewing, BubbleHouse Brewing Company, Chimp Monk Brewing and Handtruck Brewing!
- Cider from 2 Fools Cider in Naperville!
- Lemonade and bottled water available for purchase (water stations will be scattered around, too 🙂
There are a lot of fun activities planned, too…
- Flower Crown-Making — Leelee’s Garden will be here with fresh flowers, greenery, ribbons and all the tools you need to make your very own summery flower crown! Reserve your spot here: http://www.leeleesgarden.com/flowercrowns.html
- Lumberjack Axe Throwing — No flannel required! Velcro targets make this fun for all ages — get three bullseyes in a row to be entered in the grand prize drawing! (need not be present to win)
Hungry? Here are the food vendors that are lined up …
- Doctor Dogs — 3-6pm — featuring hot dogs, fries and dips!
- Parkers’ Restaurant & Bar — 4:30-7:30pm — featuring a beachside Valencian favorite, Paella!
- Gnarly Knots Pretzel Company — 6-9:30pm — featuring stuffed pretzels and pretzel dogs!
Setting the soundtrack for the skelebration are:
- Cheryl Rodey Music — soulfully singing her heart out — 3:30-5:30pm
- Dirty MF (of Liquid Soul – Grammy Nominated) — spinning classic vinyl — 6-7pm
- Smoking Sextion — hip-hop / soul / funk / jazz — 7:30-9:30pm
If you want to keep up to date on the event, make sure you visit https://www.facebook.com/events/463367457569414/.
Want to keep tabs on Skeleton Key Brewery? Check out their web site or Facebook page.